Lightweight landrover and my DIY LPG

Introduce yourself, your car, your LPG installation and/or other modifications. Post some pics and show off! Installers: post details and pics of any unusual and high-powered conversions!
Sean7r
LPG System: Emmegas
Car: Landrover

Lightweight landrover and my DIY LPG

Post by Sean7r » Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:20 pm

Hi everybody, I've just installed a emmegas LPG system (carb) to my landrover, in two weeks it goes in for an inspection, I'd be glad for any advise on LPG installations.
Sean

mak-uk
LPG System: Prins VSI
Car: BMW 540iA Sport

Re: Lightweight landrover and my DIY LPG

Post by mak-uk » Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:02 pm

Welcome Sean!

Do post some pics.
Mak
Site Owner
2001 BMW 540i Auto Sport Saloon
~300 BHP; ~320 ft/lbs, Prins VSI system

Sean7r

Post by Sean7r » Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:30 am

Hi there, yes I'll post some pics very soon, the lightweight is a 1977 ex Royal Navy FFR , I've fitted a pattern zenith carb and had this set up,the LPG system gets a checkup this Thursday for a certificate, I'm a little nervous about it, the guy I spoke to over the phone sounded a bit off when I said I had fitted it, but when I said I'd like to be there while he goes through everything rather than take a walk to the town for 2 and a half hours, he did sound a bit more well.. Less off with me.
The kit (emmegas, dcm 220 or 230 switching unit) is second hand and came from a civvi series3 land rover 109, I've replaced all but one copper line, but replaced all the olives, I've done a lot of research on installation regs but I've not found much, most was found on forums and hopefully covered every thing, the only concern I have are the dates on the tanks (2000, 06) which are a piggy back arrangement just behind the bulkhead.
When I had the kit delivered the bottom tank was just over 3/4 full, this allowed me to test the system once it was installed, it starts on gas also, knowing it came from another Landy with the same engine I left the vap screws and power valve screw alone, (I apologize if I have worded anything wrong) the only screw I altered was the idle screw on the vap, and since then it runs very well, the only noticeable thing is the lack of power up hill compared to petrol.
As soon as I get a chance I'll upload some pics. Sorry for gabbling on.
Sean

Sean7r

Post by Sean7r » Thu Sep 26, 2013 7:20 pm

It passed :lol: :lol: :lol: