98 BMW 318 iSE

Introduce yourself, your car, your LPG installation and/or other modifications. Post some pics and show off! Installers: post details and pics of any unusual and high-powered conversions!
99mustang
LPG System: Romano
Car: BMW 318iSE2P31QR

98 BMW 318 iSE

Post by 99mustang » Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:32 pm

Hi all, just joined the forum.

Betty, that's the car, is a 1998 BMW 318iSE with a Romano injection system fitted.

The company who fitted it in Morcambe turned out to be no good and have moved and changed names and now opperate from a small village south of Lancaster in Lancs.
All I will say about this is caveat emptor.

The system has now covered about 80k miles and any proper problems have had to be sorted out by myself, including purchasing a programming interface lead to fault find. This was after a garage in Colne told me to scrap the Romano system as they were Cr*p and fork out £1500 on a new system.

Only problem I really have with it is the car has lost some power on LPG, and as a 1.8 it didn't have much to start with. But the savings more than make up for it. Blackpool to Devon and back plus trips out, £80.

I will say, if you are a competant diy mechanic, don't be afraid of maintaining your system yourself.

mak-uk
LPG System: Prins VSI
Car: BMW 540iA Sport

Re: 98 BMW 318 iSE

Post by mak-uk » Sun Sep 12, 2010 2:24 pm

Hi and Welcome,

Congratulations on finally getting there in the end!

in regards to losing power.. this shouldn't really be noticable on a 1.8.. maybe a re-tune of the LPG is needed?

All the best.

Mak
Mak
Site Owner
2001 BMW 540i Auto Sport Saloon
~300 BHP; ~320 ft/lbs, Prins VSI system