LPG GOING ONTO PETROL WHEN ACCELERATING

The main forum
ADE H
LPG System: brc
Car: jeep

LPG GOING ONTO PETROL WHEN ACCELERATING

Postby ADE H » Thu Mar 12, 2015 8:20 pm

Hi all, sorry for asking for advice on my first post. I have a problem with my Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.7 v8 fitted with a BRC multipoint system. Car drives great on gas and petrol, but when on gas if i accelerate more than normal it beeps and switches onto petrol. if i flick the switch to petrol then back onto gas it runs fine again, until i give it throttle again. Can be driven all day on gas as long as i take it easy. This happens whether the tank is full or half full, or when the engine is hot or cold. I know my way round engines but have very little experience with Autogas and the nearest garage is an hour away. Im guessing filters or blockage somewhere. There are no signs of leaks. Thanks in advance. Cheers, Ade.

ADE H
LPG System: brc
Car: jeep

Re: LPG GOING ONTO PETROL WHEN ACCELERATING

Postby ADE H » Thu Mar 19, 2015 8:42 pm

Anybody have any ideas. Thanks

Nitrosxt
LPG System: OMVL Dream 21 G HP
Car: Dodge Nitro V6

Re: LPG GOING ONTO PETROL WHEN ACCELERATING

Postby Nitrosxt » Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:44 am

I know this is an old post, but i'll add my six penny worth here as it may help others.

This happens a lot due to 'sooting up' of the front end pressure reducer solenoid valve. I've owned two vehicles converted to LPG and both have done this on a regular basis. There may be other reasons for it, but this is the most obvious as it it was in my case. I think what's happening is the demand for fuel exceeds the capable supply due to choking of the valve and possibly filters.

Regular servicing should reduce the occurrence, but not eliminate it from happening as there are many filling stations with dirty tanks which gets carried into your cylinder when you fill up. The other is a resin type build up on the front solenoid valve needle shuttle (if that what you cal it). basically this is the bit that moves when the coil is energized inside the valve, once gummed up it can stick.

So either strip down an clean the solenoid valve, replace filters and clean injectors yourself...or take it along for a service to an LPG Installer

Return to “General Discussion”