BRC Self mapping issue

The main forum
blinkinink
LPG System: BRC Sequent
Car: Saab 9000 turbo

BRC Self mapping issue

Postby blinkinink » Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:28 am

Hi All,

sorry to just intrude and ask questions like this off the bat, but i'm having trouble with my BRC mapping.
My Saab 9000 2.3 turbo runs ok in general on LPG, but recently had an additional petrol ecu remap for some top end power (260bhp > 275bhp)
Car was originally set up on gas at 260bhp, so it's not much out but i wanted to do a fresh tune on the LPG to make sure it was running sweet and not too lean up top.

Anyway, using the BRC Sequent software, I am able to do all functions as usual, but when I go to self map, it goes through the 6 step mapping cycle, but gets stuck on the 4th or 5th one and won't go any further. It usually cites the MAP sensor reading as not being within the required numbers in order to proceed. These are out of my control and all other elements (engine speed, loads and whether its on petrol/LPG are all I can control).

So i can only assume that something is up with the Map sensor readings? or that it's looking for the wrong data set based on another setting.
Has anyone got any experience of overcoming an issue like this and where to start, as it's all a bit foreign to me now and I've reached the limitations of my lpg system knowledge.

thanks in advance for your help

blinkinink
LPG System: BRC Sequent
Car: Saab 9000 turbo

Re: BRC Self mapping issue

Postby blinkinink » Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:32 am

Also, not to confuse issues,

but I had the option/availability to fit a newer Plug and Drive Sequent ECU to the system, as this has the better mapping refinement software.
it's the same ECU connections etc, but when i plugged it in, in place of the Sequent ECU, it was just dead with no response on the system at all.
Is it the case that these are not swappable as there is another hardware limitation that prevents this?
Or is it likely that the ECU itself may have been dead?

I don't have another to try instead sadly.

RussellBell
LPG System: Ayrshire
Car: Audi RS5

Re: BRC Self mapping issue

Postby RussellBell » Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:16 pm

I've never heard anything like this happening. I'd be interested to hear an explanation as well.

Return to “General Discussion”