Flash lube

The main forum
woody
LPG System: Prins only
Car: skoda octavia VRS on

Flash lube

Post by woody » Tue Sep 04, 2007 10:25 pm

I have recently received a bulletin from Prins in Holland,regarding the dosage of flashlube

Re: Flashlube
System: VSI – Autogas
Flashlube:
From field experience appeared that a wrong Flashlube dosage can lead to an incorrect lambda
signal.
A too high dosage of Flashlube can cause a slow working or even a not at all working lambda
probe. It is possible that the lambda probe shows a wrong mixture (lean in stead of the actual
mixture). In this case the self learning values (fuel trims) will go out of range. It is even possible
that an error code will be set (mixture too lean) or that the catalytic converter will be
damaged.
This phenomenon appears mostly after starting with a warm engine or in case the engine has
been on idle for a longer period (highest under pressure -> biggest amount of flashlube).
Prins advises, in case Flashlube is fitted, to guard the quantity (dosage) of Flashlube attentively.
Adjustment regulation manufacturer:
§ At idling speed: 12 drops per minute.
§ Average consumption should be 1 ml per liter fuel (compare, after
filling up with fuel, the used amount of Flashwith with the filled up
amount of fuel).egarding the effects of to much flashlube and the effects on Lambdas.

Cheers Keith

entwisi

Re: Flash lube

Post by entwisi » Fri Sep 14, 2007 8:02 pm

Interesting, thanks for that, I do suffer an occasional issue with teh lamda light coming on, I'll pay more attention to flow rate when I next see it.

Chuckie888

Re: Flash lube

Post by Chuckie888 » Sun Sep 16, 2007 6:14 pm

Make sure rubber pipe is routed safely too. My installers routed mine and it chaffed and split. I took it to them to have a look and they re-adjusted the flow - it ran out in double quick time as it was going all over the engine block!