LPG Conversion in Bulgaria

The main forum
ITexpertLondon
LPG System: BRC

LPG Conversion in Bulgaria

Post by ITexpertLondon » Wed Sep 03, 2008 2:50 pm

Hi there,

I bought a house in Bulgaria and I went there this summer with my Ford Galaxy. The Agency that sold me the house told me that in Bulgaria they make very cheap conversions ... between 400 - 700 £ ! lol .
At the end I converted my car for 600 £, which is with about 1400 £ cheaper. They installed me some Italian system called : BRC and I don't have a bloody clue, whether this system is a good one.
Drawback was that they gave me only 1 year guarantee and in the UK they told me it is 2 years.
Anyway I plan now this winter to convert my Ford Focus also there. They told me it would cost also around 600 £.

Cheers,
Bradley
London

thecapital
LPG System: Landi Renzo

Re: LPG Conversion in Bulgaria

Post by thecapital » Wed Sep 03, 2008 7:25 pm

Bradley would you give me some add. info, where have you done the conversion in Bulgaria ? I'm travelling to Sofia next month, so I can also convert my car there. Is it worth doing this in Bulgaria ?

Austin, Bristol

ITexpertLondon
LPG System: BRC

Post by ITexpertLondon » Fri Sep 05, 2008 12:38 am

Hi Austin,

well I think it is worth doing that ... I converted my car in a town 50 miles from Sofia. I don't have any contacts, except some e-mail I got at the end. : victorpetrov@gmx.de . I think you can send them your questions ..etc.

Best,
Bradley

mak-uk
LPG System: Prins VSI
Car: BMW 540iA Sport

Post by mak-uk » Sat Sep 06, 2008 11:35 am

Hi

That's interesting.. a lot of Eastern European conversions have a bad reputation for the quality of the installs as opposed to the prices. Post some pictures up of your converted engine bay - would be good to see.
Mak
Site Owner
2001 BMW 540i Auto Sport Saloon
~300 BHP; ~320 ft/lbs, Prins VSI system

charlieBG
LPG System: BERTOLINY

Post by charlieBG » Sat Sep 13, 2008 11:55 am

Hi

My name is Charlie and I'm local instaler(Sofia, Bulgaria) on LPG and CNG systems.
I work with this systems http://bsm-bg.com/index.php?language=en. The LPG/CNG Ecu it's maid in Sofia and all compunets it's Italian.
On my shop I convert most popular cars like: Fiat, Honda, BMW, Renault, Chraysler, Rover, Volvo, Opel, Citroen, Mercedes etct.
Some pictures will see on : http://www.ecarc.eu/gallery/ (sorry no translations for now)
My shop is ligal instaler and have all regulation for this conversions.
The price for 4 cilinders and regilar tank will be araund 650 £.
I have idea to make a small vacations for england peaple coming to Sofia, Bulgaria with cars. May be sking into Sofia or most polupar place Bansko ski resort for one week and I'll convert the car into LPG or CNG.
For informations or busines contacts: GSM +359 8998 03330 or e-mail: charlie@ecarc.eu

Best regards

Charlie

mak-uk

Post by mak-uk » Sat Sep 13, 2008 6:05 pm

Hi Charlie,

The problem is that I have not heard of the BSM systems being used or supported in the UK. So, whilst someone can come to you for a conversion, on-going local support from installers will be non-existant.

If you want to appeal to the UK market, it would be better for you to install systems such as Prins, BRC, OMVL etc.

Regards.
Mak
Site Owner

SebastianS
LPG System: STAG 300

Post by SebastianS » Sat Oct 18, 2008 12:39 am

mak-uk wrote:Hi

That's interesting.. a lot of Eastern European conversions have a bad reputation for the quality of the installs as opposed to the prices. Post some pictures up of your converted engine bay - would be good to see.
Hello to everybody!
My name is Sebastian, and I'm Polish.
I want to come in that discussion, due to fact, that I'm LPG installer in Poland

Mak-uk - woluld You please, tell me, where did You get infos about poor quality of eastern european conversions in compare to western?
Let me explain a few things. Poland is nowadays most important LPG market in the Europe. All the companies producing or trading with LPG stuff, must find Polish market as one of the most important. Otherwise, they are immediately moving down to last league.

Due to this, there is more LPG instalators in Poland, than in rest of Europe (maybe not including Italy). As usually - when some business become popular and easy way to make a business, huge amount of easy money amateurs try to do this. Less problem, when LPG systems included a few simple parts (like I and II gen systems). But when sequential injection systems become a standard, problem has becomed more serious. How many of You, Dear forum Users, can tell, that You have full knowledge about elecronic fuel injection and iginition timing (telling more shortly: engine management systems)?
Why I'm asking? Because LPG conversion, if we expect it to run really perfect, should be made by people, who really know, why cars are moving.
Of course, 70-80% of cars are "gasified" by people without exact skills to do it fine. Most of them presents a behaviour of monkey from circus: must drill a few hole, plug a few cables, paying attention to their colours, press some key on PC laptop to make autoadaptation, cash the money, and forget about customer.

In my opinion, percentage of poor made conversions in countries other, than Poland, is not dramatically different. Simply there's many, many times less LPG garages in GB, Germany, France, etc, so overall amount of cars, which are definitely f**ked up is proportional to number of cars "gasified" at all.

You have to remember, that Polish producers didn't wait with hands in pocket, when italian firms attacked Polish market. There are very good, and relatively cheap Polish LPG systems, which are really better solution in hands of good LPG professionalist, than many of well known as leading Italian or Netherlands' systems.

When I decided to start with LPG conversions, I've got great experience with engine management systems, as an owner of small garage building cars for custom orders. LPG becomed our second speciality. As I only started, I aimed highl - to become the best LPG garage in my area. That's why I started to cooperate rather with well-known Italian BRC, than with Polish producers, I knew nothing about. But within short time, I started to check, how these Polish systems work in copare to BRC. And?? Results were surprise! True, that tuning of BRC Sequent or VSI Prins is much more simple, than tuning of Polish STAG system, but in STAG You get absolutely full control on algorhytms calculating LPG injector opening time, what gives much more precision in settings, and uncomparable flexibility of Polish systems.
With STAG system, unlike BRC, or Prins, I can easily make conversion for:
- cars with low impedance "peak and hold" gasoline injectors
- cars with full group style gasoline injection
- very high rpm engines (like k-22 redlined 8900 rpm honda engine)
- engines with extremally short gasoline injection times
- ...and even in single point throttle body injected cars!

Guarantee is 24 months, of course. And after conversion, You remember, that You have gas only, when You have to fill up with proper fuel :)))

Be my guests in Poland! I live in village famous for horseriding clubs. So if You want to spend a few days in wonderful area, resting, visiting interesting places, and make a LPG conversion for:
- c.a. £630 for 3-4 cyl engine
- c.a. £870 for 5-6 cyl engine
- c.a. £1100 for 8 cyl engine
- c.a. £1730 for 12 cyl engine
You're welcomed!

Prices above are for STAG LPG system. Servicing of it in GB is of course unreal, but I offer phone/mail support on any troubles, including fast shipment of needed parts, with detailed instructions for local LPG service.
There's possibility of installing Italian BRC systems too, for prices c.a. 15-20% higher, depending on no. of cylinders and relation between PLN, GBP and EUR.

We speak English, of course!

Sebastian
sebastian@gzw.pl
tel.: +48663082622

mak-uk

Post by mak-uk » Wed Oct 22, 2008 10:14 am

SebastianS wrote:
mak-uk wrote:Hi

Hello to everybody!
My name is Sebastian, and I'm Polish.
I want to come in that discussion, due to fact, that I'm LPG installer in Poland

Mak-uk - woluld You please, tell me, where did You get infos about poor quality of eastern european conversions in compare to western?
Let me explain a few things. Poland is nowadays most important LPG market in the Europe. All the companies producing or trading with LPG stuff, must find Polish market as one of the most important. Otherwise, they are immediately moving down to last league.
Having talked to many installers and seen their comments on forums, they claim to have 'fixed' several installations by Eastern European installers in the UK, to bring them to UK or LPGA standards.
SebastianS wrote:Why I'm asking? Because LPG conversion, if we expect it to run really perfect, should be made by people, who really know, why cars are moving.

Of course, 70-80% of cars are "gasified" by people without exact skills to do it fine. Most of them presents a behaviour of monkey from circus: must drill a few hole, plug a few cables, paying attention to their colours, press some key on PC laptop to make autoadaptation, cash the money, and forget about customer.
Agreed.
SebastianS wrote:When I decided to start with LPG conversions, I've got great experience with engine management systems, as an owner of small garage building cars for custom orders. LPG becomed our second speciality. As I only started, I aimed highl - to become the best LPG garage in my area. That's why I started to cooperate rather with well-known Italian BRC, than with Polish producers, I knew nothing about. But within short time, I started to check, how these Polish systems work in copare to BRC. And?? Results were surprise! True, that tuning of BRC Sequent or VSI Prins is much more simple, than tuning of Polish STAG system, but in STAG You get absolutely full control on algorhytms calculating LPG injector opening time, what gives much more precision in settings, and uncomparable flexibility of Polish systems.
With STAG system, unlike BRC, or Prins, I can easily make conversion for:
- cars with low impedance "peak and hold" gasoline injectors
- cars with full group style gasoline injection
- very high rpm engines (like k-22 redlined 8900 rpm honda engine)
- engines with extremally short gasoline injection times
- ...and even in single point throttle body injected cars!

Guarantee is 24 months, of course. And after conversion, You remember, that You have gas only, when You have to fill up with proper fuel :)))
The problem is that there doesn't appear to be much (if any) support for the STAG system in the UK. Therefore, someone would have to drive back to Eastern Europe if they had any problems?
SebastianS wrote:Be my guests in Poland! I live in village famous for horseriding clubs. So if You want to spend a few days in wonderful area, resting, visiting interesting places, and make a LPG conversion for:
- c.a. £630 for 3-4 cyl engine
- c.a. £870 for 5-6 cyl engine
- c.a. £1100 for 8 cyl engine
- c.a. £1730 for 12 cyl engine
You're welcomed!
Not bad prices, but once again, on-going support is the key. I would rather pay a few hundred more for a Prins or BRC system where I know there are many installers around the UK who can deal with the system. But of course, each to their own choice.

Regards.
Mak
Site Owner

SebastianS
LPG System: STAG 300

Post by SebastianS » Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:37 pm

I understand this point of view. As long, as producer of STAG will not arrange serious job to create STAG service network in GB, You're right, service support seems to be complicated. But it's worth raising, that:

1. STAG 300 is a very reliable and flexible system, once setted up correctly, keeps settings long, long time without need to do anything, with exception of changing LPG filters every 10.000 miles, what is easily bale to realise for local LPG service, eventually with my stuff support (door-to-door postal service from Poland with proper, recommended filters).
2. I can undertake cooperation with any British LPG sevice to support them in servicing STAG locally in Britain. If I'll get LPG injection map and logged system data via email, I can modify it and send back corrected settings to load into controller. So maybe it's not such crazy idea? STAG software is freeware, and communication cable with interface can be added to LPG conversion for additional £10 to enable servicing it in GB.
3. As I wrote above - paying about £100-200 more(depending on number of cylinders), You can get BRC as well from me. With full guarantee, respected across EU. Other thing is, that I do not recommend BRC - it's more expensive and worse than Polish STAG, as long, as there is any service support around for STAG.

Regards to Everybody.
Sebastian