Viella LPI system help

The main forum
masonst0rm
LPG System: viella
Car: Saab 93

Viella LPI system help

Post by masonst0rm » Fri Oct 24, 2008 5:44 pm

I have a Saab 93 with a Viella system, which doesn't want to switch over to LPG... I need to find someone in the Sheffield area that can service it can anyone help.
OR
HAs anyone got any idea what thew problem may be... car run OK on petrol, but as soon as the system tries to swich over power is lost all LED's on the LPG fuel guage flash and the green LED flashes.

runningoldcars

Re: Viella LPI system help

Post by runningoldcars » Fri Oct 24, 2008 10:38 pm

I am not familiar with this system, so I wont be much help.

However to help the next person along can you answer these points:
Was the car previously running well and it just happened?
Is this a new conversion that has never worked properly?
Can you confirm that the tank/fuel line solenoids are working and opening when the system come on?

Here is a list of things from another thread i've just replied to:
http://lpginfo.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=196#p829
You may get some help in some of that.

I'm sorry I cant do better for you.
____________________________________________________________________________________________
RunningOldCars

Honda Accord Coupe, 2.0l, 4spd automatic, Aldesa RSI+ lpg kit, Steely Dan's 'Katy Lied' on stereo.

masonst0rm
LPG System: viella
Car: Saab 93

Re: Viella LPI system help

Post by masonst0rm » Sat Oct 25, 2008 9:39 am

Thanks...
Car had been running fine, however I had been on a long run so LPG did run out and had to use fuel, so the problem has started since I last filled it up... could it be a air lock?
Tried all usual thinks like switchin LPG off until temp etc but as soon as the system trys to switch over it just dies.... I have managed once to get it to run on gas while stood still but as soon as I need to accelerate it cuts out.
Surly most LPG systems have the same funtionality so is this a common symptom of a faulty part...
Car still rns fine on petrol !!! but at only 18MPG its not cheap.... Help needed soon.

Still need to find a LPG garage near Sheffield.... HELP !!!!