OMVL dream Need tuning help.

The main forum
locky

OMVL dream Need tuning help.

Post by locky » Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:19 pm

Hi all. Thought I would throw this out there and see what your thoughts were.
I've got an L322 Range rover which has the BMW 4.4 V8 engine. I had an OMVL Dream system fitted which is giving me one annoying problem which I've been trying to fix for ages. I feel like I'm going around in circles.
Whats happening is the car runs fine on gas and petrol no fault codes or lights. The issue is when the car has been shut off after running on gas and left over night, when starting up from cold the engine takes a lot of cranking. It doesn't happen if it was shut off on petrol. It's not the end of the world it's just annoying. My first thought was fuel trims so I've been fiddling with the carburation for ages and I'm not getting anywhere. I have the latest firmware version 30 and the latest software. I'm also using Scantool to read fast and slow trims.
Only other small issue is that unless I minus out at least 5% of gas at idle from the autocalibrate settings the car always cuts out on switch over. Should I try changing the switchover to 'anticipate injector sequence' rather than sequential.
Sorry for the long post.