Difficult to start in the Mornings

The main forum
JONNO
LPG System: multipoint
Car: bmw 530i

Difficult to start in the Mornings

Post by JONNO » Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:07 am

Hi I have a 530i BMW and recently it has been difficult to start in the mornings. When I let the car stop on LPG the next morning it is difficult to start. If I switch it to petrol just before stopping, it will start on the button, perfect. Thank you

mak-uk
LPG System: Prins VSI
Car: BMW 540iA Sport

Re: Difficult to start in the Mornings

Post by mak-uk » Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:41 am

Hi

Unfortunately, that's not much to go on.. could be so many things.

Best thing to do is get the diagnostic codes read on the car.
Mak
Site Owner
2001 BMW 540i Auto Sport Saloon
~300 BHP; ~320 ft/lbs, Prins VSI system

JONNO

Post by JONNO » Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:28 pm

Hi Thanks
I should have said, I had them read and no codes shown or logged. Once started in the morning it will start fine the rest of the day and its only when you close down on gas last thing and next morning the problem. After starting in the morning you can switch off on gas and start again no problem. It is only in the morning. Otherwise the engine is running perfect ( hate to say that and jinks myself ) I changed locations for gas fill and still the same Regards Jonno

mak-uk

Post by mak-uk » Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:21 pm

Hi

What type of gas system is it? When was it last serviced? It could be some small amounts of gas leaking.
Mak
Site Owner

JONNO

Post by JONNO » Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:08 pm

Hi It's a multipoint and only fitted 10 months with 10k on system. I have been back to installers as it is under warranty, but they clearly don't know ( And don't want to know its looking like ) They are decent guys but think they are rabbit in the headlights with this They checked the codes which were clear and said it not the system but not a confident Not the system. But why does it start okay when you close down on petrol but not gas???? Its definately the system and I would have thought it was a simple soloution known the problem. It is now clear to all I don't have a lot of knowledge and not as simple as thought I'm beginnning to learn there is more to the system than I thought. Any suggestions of what they could check first to eliminate I want to work with them and sort this out.

mak-uk

Post by mak-uk » Fri Mar 26, 2010 2:57 pm

You really need someone to look at it.. not possible to diagnose from a distance.

What system is it? Who installed it?
Mak
Site Owner

JONNO

Post by JONNO » Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:02 pm

Its not prinns the installers were reluctant to say / couldn't remember what it was. But confirmed its not prins word is prins is the best/only system to get so will know for again. I have left it back to them and they are going to plug in first thing and start, but not convinced it will work as it did not hold any codes but we will wait and see. I believe it is not switching over a faulty selnoid or switch but don't put money on it. They mentioned something also about Injector leak so think that will be something they will check. Will keep you all posted on the outcome Regards Jonno

JONNO

Post by JONNO » Wed Apr 07, 2010 4:32 pm

Well Problem solved It was a leaking injector or so they said. When I was topping up the water bottle I moved a rubber pipe and heard a hissing sound. There is a pipe going to I think two control units and its the pipe where the filter is fitted so I assume it is the main source then forks off into two control units was leaking at two connections. Used washing up liquid and water and sure enough two bubbles came up like a balloon. That was with the power off and me moving the pipe so what must it have been like with the pressure on. Took back and they have now fixed. It will be installed 1 year mid may 10 and being honest its put me off slightly don't know if I would install again. It is certainly more economical and runs fine but it appears when there is hassle then there is hassle. Certainly wouldn't go back to the same installers where the real problem could lie. I have heard Prinns is the best so would check that out if your thinking of gas. Do a bit of homework cheapest isn't always the best where again the problem may lie ( My own Fault ). I know people who have gas in a volvoand 130k later still runnning fine with only regular servicing and checks they swear by it Regards John