Best system for Jeep

The main forum
Jeep-Girl
LPG System: BRC
Car: Jeep

Best system for Jeep

Postby Jeep-Girl » Wed May 04, 2011 9:59 am

Hi everyone!
I am just about to convert my Jeep Cherokee to LPG and am trying to decide on the best system! The fitters I amusing will fit either BRC or Prins - but which should I choose? Also some say I can have a smaller petrol tank and underfloor tank and others say there is not enough room to do a good job of that on the smaller Cherokee........
Help! Need to convert soon before I am bankrupt through petrol costs.....
Thanks for your help

woody
LPG System: Prins only
Car: skoda octavia VRS on

Re: Best system for Jeep

Postby woody » Fri May 06, 2011 10:39 pm

who are you looking at using?? BRC installers are not able to fit Prins.

If your vehicle is the early cherokee with the spare wheel stood up on the side of the boot , you only have 2 options
1 a tank in the boot
2 underslung tank and smaller petrol tank.... expensive option.

woody

Jeep-Girl
LPG System: BRC
Car: Jeep

Re: Best system for Jeep

Postby Jeep-Girl » Fri May 06, 2011 11:32 pm

Thank you for the reply! I am thinking of issuing either Herts Autogas or Hants Autofuels - both are Prins fitters but the Herts guys say they will fit BRC if I want it. One says the underfloor tank option is a poor choice - as I want to tow I can only have a small tank and have been told it is a poor solution as really there's not enough space. I am concerned about having a small petrol tank invade I run out of gas or something goes wrong with the LPG - and as you said it's expensive! I don 't really mind losing boot. I am just scared to make the right choice of fitter as I guess so much depends on who is doing the fitting? And I want to make sure I have the valve lubrication thing if I need it?
Help!

Return to “General Discussion”