HELP? 1990 Audi 90 2.3E 5cylinder KEIII-Jetroinc

The main forum
dgacampbell
LPG System: None
Car: Audi 90 2.3E

HELP? 1990 Audi 90 2.3E 5cylinder KEIII-Jetroinc

Post by dgacampbell » Wed May 04, 2011 5:27 pm

HI all,

I Have recently aquired a 1990 Audi 90 2.3E (5 Cylinder engine with bosch KEIII-Jetronic Fuel injection) 52000 miles on the clock in prestine condition. 8-)
Can anyone help? :lol: The cars system is closed loop, air flowmeter, lambda probe etc.
I am refusing to go down the singlepoint LPG system route on this car, it is thirsty and underpowered enough for its size only 31mpg and 136bhp. :|
I want to fit a multipoint kit full group injection style.
I have been told by a few that where willing to oblige, and not try and sell me the singlepoint system, that yes it can be done although it is tricky,
my only option in this case is to find an old Tartarini etagas or LandiRenzo IGS or BMC just heavy kit.
I have been told by 2 others that i can fit one of the new multipoint systems providing i can get a pulse from the flywheel to run the injectors!
No one has been willing to tell me which of the new multipoint kits i can do this with though? :(
Understandably i'm unwilling to part with money for a kit or an installation until i have more information. ;)
So any advice, information, or details of having worked on this car or injection system or engine would be greatly appreciated! 8-)
Many Thanks In Advance
Dan

dgacampbell
LPG System: None
Car: Audi 90 2.3E

Re: HELP? 1990 Audi 90 2.3E 5cylinder KEIII-Jetroinc

Post by dgacampbell » Tue May 24, 2011 3:09 pm

I may have found the answer i'm looking and gonna work out very cheap! lol :D

It seems the enginemanagement system from the 2.0 10v Volvo 850 is just about a direct swap, bar some work fitting the injectors in the inlet manifold!
Fully mapable into the bargin!
As finding a petrol t4 or similar here to get the EFI from it is gonna be next to impossible,
and finding a donor volvo, fairly easy, infact i just missed one for £90 by a day lol
Another possible benifit is alot of these volvos have already been converted to lpg, so you may be lucky enought to get that too1
So as you will be removing manifolds etc to fit injector nozzels all it is really is a little more time and work, as the outlay of a donor car could easily for the most part be gathered back by breaking or scrapping whats left!
So for anyone else looking to convert there K-Jet 5pot Audis, there is hope!

For anyone that is interested have a look here! There is an article about half way down the page Spark and fuelling, it is broken up as its scans from a magazine, but you can work that out lol ;)

http://www.classic-audi.co.uk/forum/...ad.php?t=14886

;) For all those (like myself) who refuse to take No as an answer lol :P