NEWBIE HELP !

The main forum
zs&tas
LPG System: leonardo
Car: sierra

NEWBIE HELP !

Post by zs&tas » Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:01 pm

Hello, I have just recieved a Leonardo single point system and am looking for any manuals/ wirring diagrams, can anyone point me in the right direction please ? id prefer not to use trial and error !

tubbs
LPG System: singlepoint
Car: v6 3.5 shogun

Re: NEWBIE HELP !

Post by tubbs » Tue Jun 28, 2011 3:45 pm

Yes mate no problem but the diagram is in my head. I know it off by heart though.
Drop me an email. I can send you the software too if you have a lead.

tubbs

Post by tubbs » Tue Jun 28, 2011 4:08 pm

Just found a diagram in italian if thats any help !
I suppose i should put the info up for the benefit of everyone really.
4 post plug on the loom is for the stepper motor
Brown wire is for rpm (best off a coil) use a meter set on tach to find or a power probe because the feed makes the led flicker
Blue/ yellow TPS 0-5 or 5-0 is what you are looking for with the ignition on just open and close the throttle and watch the meter. One of the three will be right.
Blue wire is for all the electrovalves i.e front solenoid and rear solenoid on the tank.
Ok the purple wire is in a pair with a purple or another colour. Thats for the lambda probe, either you can sample or cut in and send the purple to the probe and the other colour back to the cars ecu. Ive seen a few changes over the years on that wire. Usually a purple with a black stripe or a grey wire. Its to send a simulated wave back to the petrol ecu.
A pair of yellow wires. Ever so useful them, you can use them to either knock out the fuel pump or open circuit the ecu, you can also knock out the k light. If you are using an emulator then just leave them be, they are the 'in the shit' wires !
Red/Black Is the permanent live *7.5a fuse*
Red is the switched live *7.5a fuse*
Black is earth.
Green and black pair is for the level sender on the tank so you need to run those down with the wires for the rear solenoid.

Ok one wire left is the temp sensor on the reducer orange ? i think so but i very rarely connect it. Its fine to leave it disconnected.

zs&tas

Post by zs&tas » Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:07 pm

wow mate thanks for the help ! i do not have the system infront of me right now but i will keep this bookmarked so i can ref later
spot on ! :D

tubbs

Post by tubbs » Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:31 pm

No bother. If you need any more help just hit my sig and all my contact details are there. So what car are you doing ? May be able to help you along a bit.

zs&tas

Post by zs&tas » Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:11 pm

ive scored quite a nice dec 92 sierra estate 2.0 dohc, ive just hit 100k in it, this is my 4th sierra ( i think ) i just seem to get on and enjoy them - very good drivers cars, nice and simple to work on too.
did consider getting a system for my 88 pontiac firebird too but decided i didnt really want to mess with it.

tubbs

Post by tubbs » Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:47 pm

A sierra ! Cool man I haven't seen one of them in a very long time. N9C engine code ?
Just do it all at the ecu. All wire side pin 29 lambda, fuel pump relay yellow wires pin 22, tps may be a problem but pin 47 shows 4-1.5v so should do. Rev sens pin 36 ignition amplifier
Pin 1 for your permanent live and pin 16/20/40 or 60 for an earth.
Now have you ever gas converted one of these. Because I have and I'm sure I had a game with the idle air valve. Have a good look because if it goes into the inlet manifold after the LPG is mixed it will make it run lean and you will have a hell of a game with it. I'm really racking my brains now because it's been so long since I've done an older car. So if I explain the principle then maybe you will work it out. So when the car ticks over and the butterfly is shut the i.a.c puts the air in however it doesn't contain any gas so how is it going to tick over nicely ?
On the mixers is a brass plug, remove said plug and attatch an elbow to feed the gas to the i.a.c so it's putting in gas and air. Got it ? Hope so. I'm sure if I was under the bonnet it would all come back to me !
As far as a Pontiac goes. They run lovely on a big impco pancake mixer and an omvl super reducer. And I mean lovely.

zs&tas

Post by zs&tas » Sat Jul 02, 2011 4:02 am

fully understood thanks !

zs&tas

Post by zs&tas » Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:54 pm

Hi tubbs, just been uravelling the wirring, why do people not keep them all neat and tidy ?
i dont seem to have the blue yellow tps wire ? although i have two blacks ?

also can you confirm which way the throttle plate jets should face ? with or against air flow ? i think the previous guy had it on wrong !

cheers
Anthony

tubbs

Post by tubbs » Wed Jul 06, 2011 3:54 pm

Hiya mate , two blacks ? Are you sure. Sometimes it's worth gently stripping off the sheathing off to have a look if there is any colour underneath I would say you have one black and one red you just need to strip the outer sheath off. Plate mixers are always a bit of a head scratch tbh. Without seeing it it's hard to say. But I will give you a tip. It's a Venturi. So the ring with all the little holes in it that feed the gas in need to be facing the air flow. Suction gets the reducer to supply more gas. Look at it like a funnel and you won't go far wrong mate.
If it helps with the wiring just get some masking tape and mark up all the ones you are certian of. After that if you only have one left then it's a process of elimination.
Mate if you are stuck then use my signature and I will get straight back to you through those contact details. I don't check in on here every day.