A very satisfied owner of a duel fuel S-Type sport

The main forum
Jaguar V8

A very satisfied owner of a duel fuel S-Type sport

Post by Jaguar V8 » Fri Nov 23, 2007 1:51 pm

I was browsing the Internet on the subject of LPG and was horrified to see so many negative comments regarding conversions, so I thought I would post my experience (VERY VERY Positive) and try to give an honest opinion.

My car is a 2004 model Jaguar S-Type 4.2 sport. It was converted in March 2004 by http://www.go-lpg.co.uk/ my car can be seen on the site under Jaguar. The system is the Remano 'N' multi point injection with a 70-ltr spare wheel tank. The conversion has been very well done, with a lot of thought, and time gone into it and is an extremely neat conversion, Steve certainly knows what he is talking about, and was more than willing to answer fully my many many emails prior to the conversion!

8 months on, I have a 300bhp car, that will cover around 300 miles on a tank of gas, return 21mpg on lpg, (It will do more than this but this is a good average). Example for the last month I have been driving 80 miles each way to Luton this journey takes 2 - 2 and a quarter hours each way and is stop start at least 50 percent of the journey, mpg was 21 on gas!, and at 48 pence per ltr. The best I have seen is around 23mpg on gas this was motorway driving some 300 miles over two journeys. I was amazed that it hadn’t run out when I filled up!!

I have covered 15,000 miles since the conversion and it has proved to be 100 percent reliable. The performance of the car is perfect, quiet, smooth, fast and cheap to run! I am not aware of any performance difference between lpg and petrol, however, it will flick to petrol if you floor it in sport mode especially with a low tank of lpg. This I hasten to add is ONLY if you are in a particularly aggressive mood with a very heavy right foot and will obviously flick back to petrol at the press of a button. I am quite happy to live with this. This is a very minor, point, to superb conversion, and to a car that costs little more to run than my previous diesel Golf and is somewhat quicker!

I have had a gas car before, which I converted myself, this I covered 100,000 miles in. The system I used, however, was an early system, and it had its issues! I drove a diesel after that for 5 years waiting, for the lpg systems to improve. When they finally did improve, and I decided to venture back into lpg, I thoroughly researched which car was going to offer the best package, and then to me, the most important part, who I was going to ask to convert it!!, the finished result is no good to me if its unreliable!

As I have said at the beginning of this post, this is my experience and I am more than 100 percent satisfied with this conversion. So there it is, my experiences with lpg, I do hope that this post is of interest, especially to others contemplating a conversion.

Jaguar V8

Re: A very satisfied owner of a duel fuel S-Type sport

Post by Jaguar V8 » Fri Nov 23, 2007 2:03 pm

sorry I made a mistake with the conversion date. This was done March 2007 not 2004
Thanks

clanless

Post by clanless » Fri Nov 23, 2007 10:53 pm

Interesting that 2 people should have such differing views as to the quality of installation of this particular company/sole trader/partnership or whatever it is.
I let my mind wander for a moment......it never came back

paulifa1

Post by paulifa1 » Fri Nov 23, 2007 11:11 pm

Hmmm.... call me suspicious, but this looks a bit like Steve Sparrow trying to sing his own praises under a different user name to try and repair his reputation.... I see this exact post has also cropped up on the other LPG forum :roll:

mak-uk
LPG System: Prins VSI
Car: BMW 540iA Sport

Post by mak-uk » Fri Nov 23, 2007 11:54 pm

Firstly, see here for my experience: http://www.lpginfo.co.uk/golpg.html :o :shock: :evil:
The conversion has been very well done, with a lot of thought, and time gone into it and is an extremely neat conversion, Steve certainly knows what he is talking about, and was more than willing to answer fully my many many emails prior to the conversion!
I'm glad that a lot of time and thought went into your installation.. this certainly was not the case with mine - it was not neat and he was happy to answer my e-mails prior to conversion but after I started having problems, things started to go quiet
I am not aware of any performance difference between lpg and petrol, however, it will flick to petrol if you floor it in sport mode especially with a low tank of lpg. This I hasten to add is ONLY if you are in a particularly aggressive mood with a very heavy right foot and will obviously flick back to petrol at the press of a button. I am quite happy to live with this. This is a very minor, point, to superb conversion, and to a car that costs little more to run than my previous diesel Golf and is somewhat quicker!
My car with my new conversion (http://www.lpginfo.co.uk/atech2.html) does not flick back to petrol at any engine load or rpm - the performance is bang on and I have no need for petrol except for start-up.
As I have said at the beginning of this post, this is my experience and I am more than 100 percent satisfied with this conversion. So there it is, my experiences with lpg, I do hope that this post is of interest, especially to others contemplating a conversion.
I am glad your experience was positive.. I only wish mine had been and I would not need to have spent thousands of pounds and hundreds of hours to put things right :!: :!: :!: :evil:
Mak
Site Owner
2001 BMW 540i Auto Sport Saloon
~300 BHP; ~320 ft/lbs, Prins VSI system

billynoband

Post by billynoband » Sat Nov 24, 2007 9:40 am

Could you post some close up photos of this install. I am very keen to see some if possible.

Johnboy

Post by Johnboy » Sun Nov 25, 2007 1:28 pm

HHHMMM!!! Call me suspicious too, where is the stevesparrowfanclub when you need it.
STEVE, if you didn't start this post, please accept my apologies, if you did, wouldn't it be better to let your workmanship do the talking, not the bullshit.

Chuckie888

Post by Chuckie888 » Tue Nov 27, 2007 5:56 pm

I'm suprised the prhrase "consider this ...." hasn't cropped up! :lol:

Knightkiller

Post by Knightkiller » Sat Dec 08, 2007 7:22 pm

As soon as I started reading that I smelled a rat (not literally, i have a clean house really! :lol: )

You dont really get fanboys who specifically look to see if someone has said something bad about the company they had their cars converted to lpg and write a big long post citing the virtues of the company. :lol:

And since it has been posted word for word on another LPG forum, well all a bit coincedental no?

You'll notice rarely does anyone actually mention who did their conversion. Im very happy with mine but im not going to write a 1000 word essay about them. Neither does anyone else on this forum. :roll:

BTW my map has been set-up correctly (it was set-up great before but would switch to petrol when giving it some). I mentioned this to the guy and he upped the pressure, sat in my car for two hours!! while the computer did its thing setting the map and it never needs to switch to petrol after start-up, even on full power in sports mode. BTW my car is alpina spec tuned, and is currently running 274bhp as per the recent dyno which was done on lpg.

Its great because I can have a lpg map set-up on my car's standalone engine management for running vastly different ignition timing due to the high octane rating of lpg without having to worry about it flicking back to petrol at 6500 rpm. ;)

mak-uk
LPG System: Prins VSI
Car: BMW 540iA Sport

Post by mak-uk » Sun Dec 09, 2007 12:22 pm

That sounds brill knightkiller.. what car do you have? You should post about your conversion in the 'Members Journals' section.
Mak
Site Owner
2001 BMW 540i Auto Sport Saloon
~300 BHP; ~320 ft/lbs, Prins VSI system