Wrexham LPG prices

Who's cheap or expensive in your area?
Knightkiller

Re: Wrexham LPG prices

Post by Knightkiller » Wed Oct 24, 2007 8:50 pm

The Asda at Queensferry sounds good, thats the one just before the ice rink right?

Cheapest I can find at the moment is 44.9 at Chester Services. Everyone seems to have bumped up they're prices a good 5p since I got car converted in July :evil:

Where's the Shell LPG station by the way? Is that the one opposite the footie ground? :?:

clanless

Post by clanless » Thu Oct 25, 2007 3:48 pm

Thinking on now, the Countrywide place is right next to Wrexham General railway station - I'm sure that I would have noticed a LPG pump.

I commute to Warrington - the shell station is just of junction 14 of the M56 (Hapsford). There is another BP station at the end of the M56. Both are 44.9.

The ASDA LPG is in my opinion good quality stuff. I'm usually very suspicious about supermarket fuels but have no problems with ASDA LPG. The lady at the cashiers desk said "we are the cheapest in the area for LPG" - I'd have to agree. I suppose petrols vary due to their additives package, I'm guessing LPG is LPG (eg. no additives).
I let my mind wander for a moment......it never came back

clanless

Post by clanless » Thu Oct 25, 2007 3:53 pm

and yes its the ASDA by the leisure centre.

Totally off topic - but did you know that the Queensferry ASDA is the highest turnover store that ASDA operate.

Got to say though, the new Tescos in Wrexham is much better since it was upgraded - they are doing the same to the Broughton store.

clanless

Post by clanless » Sat Nov 03, 2007 8:04 pm

Garage by MFM now charging 49p - absolutely disgraceful

Knightkiller

Post by Knightkiller » Tue Nov 06, 2007 1:30 am

I filled up their today, not only do I have to use their crappy set-up but they're charging 50p a litre for the privelage :o

Oh and the bird behind the counter took ages to work out the price because heaven forbid I should put in 42.8 litres and not a round number :roll: :lol:

All the prices have shot up round here now :evil:

clanless

Post by clanless » Tue Nov 06, 2007 4:30 pm

Sadly all of the stations I go to have increased prices. :cry: ASDA is still the cheapest at 44.9 - just been there now to fill up. :D

clanless

Post by clanless » Tue Nov 20, 2007 9:53 pm

Upsdate - Shell now matching ASDA at 44.9p. BP and Texaco at 48.9p and 49p.

clanless

Post by clanless » Wed Dec 05, 2007 2:41 pm

Very nearly crashed the car on Saturday - Texaco in Wrexham are now charging a whopping 52.9 p per litre...yes you read it right...52.9 p.

Don't bother going there - they are ripping the punters off.

mervyncp
LPG System: OMVL
Car: Jaguar X300

Post by mervyncp » Wed Dec 05, 2007 11:59 pm

52 -55p seems the norm now. At least it seems you have a choice in Wrexham.
Some of us aren't so lucky

Knightkiller

Post by Knightkiller » Sat Dec 08, 2007 6:59 pm

BP, on the wrexham road just off the roundabout by MBNA.

57.9!!! :o

I was forced to put some lpg in here the other day as I was empty and I asked the guy why it was so expensive. He says all BP's are that expensive now. What absolute rubbish I told him, the one down the road (BP also) is 10p less!! Thats the problem with these franchise garages, can charge what they bloody like half the time. He's got the monopoly on the wrexham side of chester but still an absolute rip off! :roll:

Texaco are quite expensive but still filling up there at the moment with their new reward card scheme. Its actually looking quite good. Only been collecting a month now and got 500 points. 750 points gets you a weekend break in UK so not too bad. :D