Changing the homepage?

What do you want to see on the forum and website?
Richy_Boy
Car: Alpina B3S

Changing the homepage?

Postby Richy_Boy » Fri Sep 07, 2007 11:06 am

Hey Admin, I know you've had issues with your Beemer I seem to recall a few phone calls chatting about it before you got it sorted..? Glad it's all good now!

Anyway, to make this a happy and used resource for LPG it might be worth while changing the homepage so that it give general information rather than a bit of a rant against whats-his-face(?). Of course, people need to know what a bad job he did and generally about the blurriness when it comes to getting problems resolved (i.e. it's always the cars fault, right? Especially when the installer has lots of work lined up!), but at the same time I think people will stumble on the homepage, assume it's a personal site and move on.

Why not just have a link on the homepage called "my bad experience" with all the details on how difficult you found the whole process and how you resolved them?

Cheers,

Rich
---------------------------------------------
Richy_Boy
Own: '02 Alpina B3S - 305bhp / 270ftlb
Sold: '97 Nissan 200sx S14a - 295bhp / 310ftlb

Administrator
Site Admin

Re: Changing the homepage?

Postby Administrator » Fri Sep 07, 2007 2:00 pm

Hi Rich,

Thanks for the suggestion.. that is a good idea and as you know, so far, I am not averse to changing things on the site/forum if there is a good reason to.

The main thing is time - I live between several counties due to work and as a result, this site has taken a lot longer to put together than it should have. However, I will do this as soon as I can.

I don't suppose you are au fait with HTML, CSS or PHP are you? I have been out of the scene for some time so it would help to have someone more knowledegable to bounce questions off.

In the meantime, I would be grateful if you can promote the site/forum wherever you can - such sites are only as good as the user-base.

Thanks once again.
Administrator

Richy_Boy
Car: Alpina B3S

Postby Richy_Boy » Sat Sep 08, 2007 9:32 pm

Sorry, can't help with the PHP stuff... I'm a windows admin by trade, so anything not system based I know a 'little bit' of. I'd of used vBulliten by choice - cracking software! :)

(my friend owns a hosting company so can help out (i.e. £5 a month odd) for bandwidth, storage space, forum, database etc)

Rich
---------------------------------------------
Richy_Boy
Own: '02 Alpina B3S - 305bhp / 270ftlb
Sold: '97 Nissan 200sx S14a - 295bhp / 310ftlb

mak-uk
LPG System: Prins VSI
Car: BMW 540iA Sport

Postby mak-uk » Sat Jul 12, 2008 10:16 pm

Hi Richy,

Hope you like the new homepage?