LPGA - yes or no?

What system do you have installed? Is the LPGA of any use? Vote now!

LPGA - help, no help or hindrance?

YES, they are of use to me as a consumer.
31%
NO, they are of no use to me as a consumer.
69%

Total votes: 13

Administrator
Site Admin

LPGA - yes or no?

Post by Administrator » Mon Aug 27, 2007 5:23 pm

Are the LPGA doing us justice?

What is your opinion?
Administrator

Mark Jones

Re: LPGA - yes or no?

Post by Mark Jones » Wed Aug 29, 2007 5:33 pm

Help to industry ...yes i suppose it is for those installers that use the word LPGA to promote there business ..

Help to the user....that's another thing.

so poll is phrased wrong ...cant take part in it ... ;)

hope this helps

all the best.mark

Administrator
Site Admin

Post by Administrator » Wed Aug 29, 2007 5:43 pm

Thanks Mark.

Poll now adjusted.
Administrator

swannee0

Post by swannee0 » Sun Sep 02, 2007 12:36 am

Hi,being an LPG installer myself for the last three years,I would have to say that the idea behind being on the "approved installer" list on the LPGA is on paper a good idea however in practice they have no teeth to do anything they appear not to expel any members for shoddy workmanship like the kind experienced by the founder of this site,the sad part of this is that there are a few Insurance companie's who wont insure your car unless you have the all important LPGA certificate.I personally have seen some appalling installations in my three years fitting systems,most of which were installed by "LPGA APPROVED INSTALLERS"which in my opinion and by my training would certainly not pass cop11 (codes of practice 11)standards/conditions.I myself am not LPGA approved as from some of the installations I've seen don't really see the need or purpose other than to issue a pointless certificate,If you do want a conversion to your own car try to get testimonials/pictures/word of mouth as this is the only chance you have of getting a professional installation done.

Good luck and great idea for a forum I'll certainly pass the addy on. Dave. ;)

Administrator
Site Admin

Post by Administrator » Sun Sep 02, 2007 9:53 am

Hi Dave,

Thanks for joining and we look forward to your contributions to make this forum an independent success.

Regards.
Administrator

Richy_Boy
Car: Alpina B3S

Post by Richy_Boy » Wed Sep 05, 2007 3:25 pm

Without this turning into a whinge... oh go on then! :D

I needed to buy a new filter for my LPG system... I had done about 20k on the poor thing and it was starting to cut out on boost / higher RPM. So, I called a supplier, yet they refused to sell me the item as I wasn't LPGA registered. I called a local LPG installer and they wanted £28 odd for the filter and a further £40 ofdd to fit the thing (one circlip to remove!) - refusing to sell me the item to take home and fit.

They also started questioning WHY I needed the filter and how "I'm assuming" it's that causing the issue! I suggested I'd get back to them if the filter didn't fix the problem and was scoffed at. What do I know, huh?

Luckily, a rather friendly installer offered to get the filter for me... which is nice. So in short, what is more dangerous? Someone trying to maintain his LPG system who is being turned away or the system being left to die a slow, painful death?

Annnyhoo, the LPGA are a waste of time unless they expell those PROVEN to not be following COP11 in my opinion. Otherwise, what ARE they doing (except making shed loadsof money) ;)

Rich
---------------------------------------------
Richy_Boy
Own: '02 Alpina B3S - 305bhp / 270ftlb
Sold: '97 Nissan 200sx S14a - 295bhp / 310ftlb