Hydrogen

New direct injection diesels, hybrid electric motors, veg oil.. how do they compare to Autogas/LPG?
mak-uk
LPG System: Prins VSI
Car: BMW 540iA Sport

Hydrogen

Post by mak-uk » Sun Sep 23, 2007 10:08 pm

Hi all,

BMW seemed to have skipped LPG totally in favour of hydrogen.

Take a look at a video of their hydrogen powered 6.0 V12:

http://www.bmw-web.tv/channel/8

What do you think?
Mak
Site Owner
2001 BMW 540i Auto Sport Saloon
~300 BHP; ~320 ft/lbs, Prins VSI system

woody
LPG System: Prins only
Car: skoda octavia VRS on

Re: Hydrogen

Post by woody » Mon Sep 24, 2007 9:37 pm

They also a 7 series running on hydrogen years ago.

It is possibly the fuel of the future, but as we the converted and converters know, LPG is is the fuel of today.

Its clean and green , forget all that biofuel rubbish. :twisted:

cheers Keith

http://www.gastech.org.uk

Knightkiller

Re: Hydrogen

Post by Knightkiller » Sat Dec 08, 2007 7:37 pm

With hydrogen, as far as I understand it, basically emits only water after the combustion process? And this is suppose to stop global warming as it emits no carbon dioxide or carbon monoxide.

However as all scientists know, the biggest greenhouse gas by far is actually water vapour. So isnt this going to infact cause a lot more problems than it solves?

Hydrogen at the moment is mostly produced by burning natuaral gas along with water. This produces carbon monoxide and hydrogen. We are years off being able to supply hydrogen form water and in any kind of green way (i.e. water via electricity from renewable energy).

So these cars will be releasing in fact a far more potent greenhouse gas into the atmosphere (water vapour) that otherwise would not have been there..... food for thought at least. Not everything is as good as they claim.

Except LPG of course :mrgreen: :lol: